Wednesday, April 7, 2010

revelation

Well I've done it...
I made an appointment with a personal trainer for next Monday night.

Two years ago I found out I have type 2 diabetes... and since then have really done very little like nothing about it. Sure I have made some improvements on my diet... but exercise? Uh... that would be a  hell no!

I hate to exercise... loathe it... always have.(even when I was thin) Unfortunately I now have come to the realization/revelation that if I do not do anything about my weight I will really begin to compromise my health. I am 50- not a spring chicken, but also not ready for the grave either and I am finally sick and tired of always feeling sick & tired.

I found someone who comes highly recommended by a fellow teacher who has lost at least 35-40 lbs. since she began working with this guy last summer.She looks FANTASTIC! I spoke with him this morning and set up my first session. He sounded really nice in a kind of I'm going to torture you kind of way. There was also the little fact that he told me that he has trained Navy Seals who can not pass their physicals - with a 100% success rate- this little tidbit  has actually thrown the fear of God into me.

You have no idea how nervous I am right now...My choices of time this guy has available were either 5 AM (are you f*cking kidding me?) or 9:00 PM- (yuck) I chose the 9 PM time because it was the lesser of the two evils *shrug*.
As soon as I hung up the phone the first thought that went through my head was "what the hell did you just do?".
To say I am feeling remorse is an understatement- but I know I HAVE to do this.
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You go girl. I lost 35lb last year. My reason for getting started on it was, people in my family live to 90. I wasnt even half way there, and yet I was feeling disabled by my weight. Couldnt even walk to the end of my street. I asked myself, are you prepared to settle for THIS? Im excited for you. I think you are going to feel REAL good about yourself the moment you start training. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be nervous. People who moan about how tough their personal trainers are are LYING. They just want more credit than they deserve. Really. You are going to do great!

    And I think you were definitely right about picking 9 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I am so with you on the exercise thing. I loathe it as well. I think people who say to me "Oh you'll really love it once you start." are completely insane. lol Good for you though; it's one of the necessary evils and I need to do it too. Just be caerful about the 9pm time slot; I've had friends who work out in the evening and they say they sometimes have a hard time getting to sleep afterwards because their bodies are so revved up. But between that and 5am? I'd definitely take the 9pm, too. :)

    ReplyDelete