Now that I am in my 50's I thought I'd share some things I've learned along the way...
1. Continue to use sunscreen and moisturize your skin regularly. Trust me- you continue to do this and your 50 y/o self will thank you. You will look younger than anyone else at your 35th high school reunion.
2. Stop obsessing about your weight- learn to judge yourself not by a number on the scale but how you look and feel.
3. Don't stop exercising! It is so hard to get back into it- I know you hate it but it will help with #2. No one ever said "Gee I'm sorry I did that work out!"
4. Follow your dreams- do not settle.
5. Make time for yourself once you get married and start a family.
6. Save money- plan for your financial future- retirement really will be there before you know it!
7. Take time to smell the roses, life will get hectic so make sure you take the time to appreciate it in the moment. Life goes by so quickly savor every moment!
8. Don't worry so much about what other people think, as long as you can look yourself in the mirror each day and know that you tried your best- it's ok.
9. Pray- keep up your personal relationship with God.
10. Take chances- sometimes when you do you will meet someone wonderful or find something you love.
11. Always have dogs- they bring you such joy!
12. Realize that it's ok to say no sometimes.
13. Travel more- because once you get to your 50's you won't always be as willing to travel far distances.
14. Cut yourself some slack-if you screw up, fix it and move on... learn from it.
15. Don't stress the small stuff- and most of it is small stuff!
16. Don't strive for happiness because that can be fleeting- strive for peace of mind.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Thursday, November 1, 2012
The following email was sent out yesterday to my three children, the married one got double duty- as per the "P.S."... I also cc'd my mom.
Subject line: Extremely Important Please read!!!!
We need Christmas lists! (A.S.A.P.)
(knowing you guys will slack on this I felt the need to add the ASAP in the hopes of attaining lists prior to Thanksgiving)!
Preferably stuff that can be ordered online- I can coordinate with Gram so you can provide one list which she and I can disseminate/discuss over Thanksgiving.
Please include colors, sizes … links to websites etc.
The better the lists- the more likely you will get stuff you actually want! :)
You snooze you lose!
Santa is not above giving coal out to those who do not provide lists!
Love you guys,
P.S.- Jenny you are responsible for Mike’s list ;)
Think that will work?