Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 19: Camels

This is for Day 19 of a challenge 30 Days of Writing started by Nicky and Mike of We Work For Cheese
Today’s prompt was: Camels





When I was about 14 years old I went to a pool near our house during the summer. Those were idyllic days of swimming, tanning, hanging out and learning how to smoke.

I never really cared much for smoking but of course I wanted to appear cool.
I never tried camels however... they had no filters and seemed so bad ass....


In retrospect I'm glad I never kept up smoking- especially now that we know so much more about the health problems related to smoking. 


Plus like camels... it just stinks!

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I was going to write about Camel cigarettes, but as I'd never smoked them, I couldn't think what to write. I didn't think to write about not smoking them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how expensive it is to smoke! Good post and I agree with the anti-smoking sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I live, the tobacco industry supported a number of neighborhood families, but I agree - Not smoking is a good thing! The camel picture on the pack is neat, but I'd rather not associate an unhealthy vice with an animal.

    This prompt is bringing all kinds of camel facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky you were able to stop... wish I could say the same :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I have pushed "no smoking" to the kids forever... my father died of lung cancer. They know what it does... I have a lot of friends who can't quit.. it's a hard habit to break!

    ReplyDelete