Yeah that isn't happening here...
So I guess the question is- at what age do our parents seem smart?
After we got married and I became pregnant I can remember thinking how smart my mom was- Man she knew it all when it came to pregnancy and the symptoms you had... and once the baby came- she was a pro... changing diapers, burping the baby etc... I had such great respect for her...
** sidenote**Not that I am proposing that ANY of my kids propagate any time in the near future- (hold off at least
But it would be nice if once in a while our kids recognized that their mom & dad are pretty
I think deep down they do believe this, but are silently taunting us by with holding their awe of how wonderful Jeff & I actually are.
It is a given that when it comes to anything financial or sports related- their dad is the go to guy- he is very knowledgeable about finance/$$ and has participated in sports his whole life. He is a great guy and an excellent father- and will be there for them no matter what.
So what is it about me that they secretly think is fabulous?
*silence with the exception of the sound of crickets*
OK- I've got nothing...zip... maybe my warped sense of humor????
So I asked my oldest (Jenny)..."what is it about me that you think is smart
Her response (after a long pause I might add)
"I guess your writing...(she just started reading my blog-and she likes it except that she thinks I should write about her and not her sister who is away @ school). (can you say sibling rivalry much?)
So all of this got me to thinking.... what am I good at? Which led to the conception of:
Barb's list of things she is good at:
1. I have been told(multiple times) I have a nice singing voice.
2. I am good with computers, and most electronics.
3. I am a
4. I am good @ gardening- flowers etc.
5. I am really good at proof-reading my kids school papers.
6. I am good @ my job.
7. If motivated... I am very good @ cleaning (I'm just not that motivated anymore).
8. I am good with animals. (except for snakes.. I don't "do" snakes.. trust me this is non negotiable)
9. I can hold my liquor pretty well.
10. I have a decent sense of color and can make a home "homey".
11. I am a good swimmer.
12. I have become (over the years) better at saving $$.
13. I am good @ procrastinating..(what do ya mean that's not a good thing?)
14. I am
16. I am a fast reader.
17. I am good @ Wheel of Fortune and would probably make a ton of $$ if I ever went on the show.
18. I have a warped sense of humor. (yes this is a good thing)
So all this self reflection also made me think...
Barb's list of things she is not so good at or needs to improve:
1. Losing weight- I know what to do but don't do it. (didn't I say in a previous blog that menopause was the
2. I forget things a lot.(it's that whole hitting 50/menopause thing)
3. I am not always the most patient person...(especially if service is bad)
4. I am not a bad driver, but am not a great driver either.
5. I don't do snakes... EVER.
6. I am not very good at putting up Christmas lights on our tree- (luckily Jeff is awesome at this)!
7. I am the wrong person to take to an amusement park because I don't like most rides .
8. If I am wrong I
9. I worry & over analyze stuff too much.
10. I get too emotional sometimes (I cry @ Hallmark commercials).
11. I am not good @ sewing.
12. I look stuff up on the internet when someone is sick and usually think the worst.
13. I tend to let things get cluttered around the house.
14. I don't clean out my refrig as often as I should.
15. I don't exercise regularly. (refer to #1)
I could probably come up with another 15 things I SUCK at but I don't think my ego could take it...
I think I need to concentrate on my good list and have some wine...