Wednesday, November 25, 2009

being thankful


As Thanksgiving is upon us (like tomorrow) I decided to reflect on what I am thankful for...

Top of my list of course my family & friends. I am very thankful that I have everyone home this Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for God - I am also thankful that he does not always answer my prayers in the way I think they should be answered.

I am thankful for my husband Jeff, he is my rock, my partner, my everything. I cannot imagine my life without him in it.

I am thankful for each of my children. Jenny, Stefanie & J.J. bring me such joy even while they sometimes drive me crazy. They are all growing up to be unique interesting individuals who I am very proud of.

I am thankful for my health and the health of my family- We all take our health for granted because there are many people who are living with debilitating diseases for whom seeing another Thanksgiving is truly a miracle.

I am thankful for my home, because there are many who do not have homes or who are losing their homes due to the economy.

I am thankful to have a job- not that I love my job, but I am happy I have a paycheck coming in...

I am thankful for my pets- my two dogs give me such joy- I take them for granted too- Buffy is a gentle soul and even though Cali can be a handful and is still in her "puppy stage" chewing things up & having the occasional "accident".

I am thankful that our family is economically "ok" we're not rich, but we have enough.

Some other stuff which are favorites and I am thankful for:

  • flowers- there is something nice about having fresh flowers in your home
  • chocolate -  needs no explanation.
  • summer = NO SCHOOL!
  • my swimming pool- my favorite place to hang out during the summer
  • when my kids just hug me for no reason
  • my orthopedic pillow
  • massages
  • Christmas morning
  • facebook and the games I play there
  • microwaves
  • for parents who told me “NO” sometimes
  • blogging 
  • sunglasses
  • coming home right after my cleaning lady cleaned and my house looks and smells good
  • wine
  • a good book
  • Starbucks white chocolate lattes
  • ice cream
  • pedicures
  • my cell phone and the ability to text with it - my life is so much easier with it
  • when I can sleep all night without waking up - not a frequent phenomenon
  • remote controls
  • hearing my husband and kids tell me they love me
  • snow days
  • going to the movies
  • that sound you hear when you open a Snapple bottle
  • my laptop- even though my employer actually owns it-

    1 comment:

    1. you've got a pretty good list going. i guess the key is to clear your head of the chaos and let the gratitude kind of flow. i suppose i am feeling thankful... of course i am... but for some reason, this year, it isn't that heart-filling, smile-inducing feeling that it usually is. after reading your post, i realize i need to do better. i've got it pretty good.

      ReplyDelete