Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nails

This photo challenge has been developed by Mike and Ziva, you can see everyone
participating by linking up @ Ziva's Inferno.

Nails

I have have an obsession... my nails...
I have had artificial nails going on 18 years now. I started out with acrylics, and for the past five have had "gel" nails. I almost always get a french manicure. Only very occasionally will I get a color on them. I tried to grow my own nails about 8 mos. ago- I kept the gels off for six whole months!

My own nails are very weak- always have been, so I figured six months was a fair amount of time to give growing my own a try.

I caved about a month and a half ago. 

My nails are one thing on me that I like the way they look- I am very particular how I want them to look and I have found a manicurist who does them "just right". 

I figure I could have worse vices... and don't they look pretty? :)



9 comments:

  1. They look very pretty, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, love the french manicures, though i haven't had one in yeeearrrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are totally-super-fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what gets me about nails? How fast they grow. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If getting your nails done is the worst thing you have going, I'd say things are going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only had one manicure in my life. (A friend gave me a gift certificate to get them done earlier this year.) They looked pretty for a couple of days, but then started to chip and feel funny. Guess I just wasn't made for fancy girl stuff. (Plus, I'm too damn cheap to get my nails done.!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am jealous... I have always wanted pretty nails.. never had them. I had a manicure once and I ended up chewing the manicure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are lovely. Like Paula, a friend twisted my arm to join her in getting a manicure. Hated having it done and the feeling of polish on my nails drove me nuts. I don't chew mine but I keep them short for work. I've never been much of a fan of the things women use to enhance their already beautiful features.

    I couldn't survive without strong nails. It must hurt something terrible when you don't have artificial nails on & try to use your nails for removing even simple things like labels from gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bit my nails for over 40 years [I know, ick] but now that they have grown out and grow gangbusters I too am particular about them. Since I give myself my own manicures I can change them up whenever I like, but besides some deep burgundies and reds for the holidays and pastels around Easter I like them au natural. They look like they have a french manicure without the fuss.

    Yours are simply stunning! I know I would pay someone to do mine if 1. I could find someone who spoke English and could understand my desires - They tend to just blow off any requests [like rounding the tips instead of squaring] by pretending they don't speak English and shrugging/doing what they want 2. They looked as pretty as yours. :)

    Pooldad is forever trying to save me the work and offering manicures, but I like it, it's relaxing. Besides he likes it too. heehee

    PS - completely off topic - I was so sad to see I completely missed parents weekend at JMU. :( I had it written down wrong on our calendar and thought someone [my daughter!] would've let me know it was coming up with a "Can't wait to see you" or something. She is so busy with school, work, clubs and tak won do she missed it too.

    I hope you had a good time. Cheerie is looking good. :)

    ReplyDelete