Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 26: An intervention

This is for Day 26 of a challenge 30 Days of Writing started by Nicky and Mike of We Work For Cheese. Today’s prompt was: An intervention

About two years ago my girls were not getting along very well. They are three years apart so sometimes they just didn't get along. They had a huge fight and were not speaking to each other...at all. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

They weren't communicating at all. I finally had it. So when their father and brother were away I sat them both down and told them they couldn't leave until they had worked out their problems.


About an hour and a half later after yelling, arguing, tears and me mediating they finally resolved their issues. 


I am happy to report that they are now much closer.
Sometimes you just have to intervene....

1 comment:

  1. My older two are also 3 years apart and can go at each other like crazy. I've been lucky so far, they've never gotten to the point where they've stopped talking to each other. I'm glad you helped your girls work it out. Excellent intervention.

    ReplyDelete